- +33 607 195 405
- Group tours
- Private tours
- Group shuttle
- Jordan Eudine
- Rethro Lemieux
- Morgane Bowen
- Juliette Poupinet
- Pierre-Alexandre Roussel
- Frédéric Masse
- Charles Miglierina
- Pascal Tinker Loiseau
- Charles Liddell
- Carole Duval
- Bayeux Accommodation
- Bayeux Restaurants
- Bayeux Museums
- how to find us
You are about to embark in the Shuttle through History
Bayeux Shuttle offer D-Day tours of the American, British and Canadian sectors of the Normandy battlefields and landing beaches. It offers also a shuttle service to the incredible Mont Saint Michel .
Whether you are looking for a shared group or private tour, or want to visit Normandy as a day trip from Paris , we have something for everyone!
Our tours are highly rated on TripAdvisor and are recommended by the Rick Steves’ travel guide.
THE TOP RATED TOURS
Bayeux, Place de Québec
MONT ST MICHEL EXPERIENCE
Mont St Michel
Shared group shuttle to Mont St Michel with fast pass entrance ticket included
AIRBORNE D-DAY EXPERIENCE
American D-Day Experience
Ste-Mere-Eglise, Bocage area, Brecourt Manor, Ste-Marie-du-Mont, Pointe du Hoc, Omaha Beach and the American Cemetery
Bayeux, Train Station (gare)
AMERICAN D-DAY EXPERIENCE (from Train Station)
Omaha Beach, the US Cemetery, Pointe Du Hoc, Airborne Museum, Ste-Mere-Eglise and Utah Beach Sector
NORMANDY AMERICAN D-DAY EXPERIENCE
We use PayPal as our payment gateway so you can be sure your information is secure. Credit card transactions are encrypted and we have no access at all to your financial details if you book online.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time. We are forced to pay a PayPal chargeback fee. 5% will be removed from the amount you are refunded.
All our group tours are delivered in English !
All our guides are certified by NAI
The National Association for Interpretation (NAI) is a not-for-profit professional association for those involved in the interpretation of natural and cultural heritage resources in settings such as parks, zoos, museums, nature centers, aquaria, botanical gardens, and historical sites. For more than 50 years, NAI and its parent organizations have encouraged networking, training, and collaboration among members and partners in support of our mission: inspiring leadership and excellence to advance heritage interpretation as a profession.
Every week discover the powerful figures of D-day until the 80th D-Day ANNIVERSARY!
The level of care provided to the casualties of the 6th Airborne can be attributed to the bravery of conscientious objectors serving with the RAMC.
Guide of the month
Frédéric was born in Paris and was raised in Normandy.
After spending 25 years working in international sales between France, Ireland and the United States, he decided to turn his passion for History (and for history of Normandie in particular), into a professional activity.
He had his first experience as a guide working for “le Memorial de Caen”, the largest WWII museum in France. He was leading both private tours and school groups on the most symbolic sites of the battle of Normandy. Since then he has worked as a D-day battlefield guide keeping alive the memory of the men and women who fought in Normandy to restore freedom and peace in Europe.
Private Day Tour of Mont Saint-Michel from Bayeux
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (maximum 8 people)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Abbey entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Guide's lunch (approximately €25)
- Bayeux train station and city center
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, including a number of steps and uphill paths to get to the abbey
- Not recommended for anyone with mobility difficulties
- Good walking shoes are recommended
- Please note: The additional visit to St-Lô, Balleroy, Avranches, the Abbey of Cerisy or Villedieu-les-Poêles will only be possible if there is time and will last for a maximum of one hour. If your group spends longer at Mont St Michel, there will not be time to go anywhere else.
- NST provides you with masks as well as hydroalcoholic gel. Our vehicles are disinfected after each use and the distance is respected.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel
- You'll get picked up See departure details
- 1 Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel Stop: 60 minutes - Admission included . Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
- Joan P 0 contributions The tour became the Longest Day. The tour was wonderful. Rose did an excellent job and was very knowledgeable. The problem was that one of the participants was ill and threw up at least 6 times in front of the group. Despite our urging him to leave he refused. Now my husband has it and I will probably follow tomorrow. The company should develop a policy stating that people who are obviously ill will be dropped off at the first opportunity. What about the rest of us whose good time was ruined? Read more Written January 22, 2024
- catherinewA2837EY 0 contributions Excellent guide for a tour you shouldn't miss Our excellent and very well prepared tour guide, Gwen, gave us a deeply informed account of the Allied Invasion, full of interesting facts and anecdotes. He deftly engaged everyone in our family, even our 10 year old, and answered all of our questions thoughtfully. It was deeply moving to tour the sites with such a well informed professional. We wouldn't have gotten nearly as much out of the experience had we visited the sites independently. I highly recommend this tour company. This was one of our very best experiences during our 12-day visit to France. Read more Written January 7, 2024
- Safari26216757434 0 contributions Great trip through the American area with our guide Rose. Was just really nice day touring the area with our guide Rose. She was very knowledgeable and thorough. Normandy is just beautiful, much nicer than Paris by a very long shot. Wish I had stayed there longer than just for the tour. Read more Written December 16, 2023
- tim r 0 contributions Excellent tour John the tour guide was exceptional and knowledgeable. Outstanding experience and comfortable vehicle even when it was raining all day. Read more Written November 18, 2023
- Escape08460823832 0 contributions Highly recommend this tour! Rose was a great guide! She shared lots of interesting history at Mont St. Michel, and about Normandy. The tour was a good pace. Read more Written November 15, 2023
- Daydream775951 0 contributions Great tour Awesome tour! Very informative . John was an excellent guide.would definitely recommend this tour. Very moving Read more Written November 10, 2023
- jwoman9835 0 contributions Full day tour American Beaches was excellent Gaetan was our guide and he was amazingly knowledgeable, organized, and friendly and helpful. We saw the German Cemetery, Utah Beach, Pont Du Hoc, Omaha Beach Saint Mer Elyse Airborne Museums, and finally the very moving American Cemetery. He explained all the history, answered so many questions and kept us perfectly in schedule and never rushed. We had 5 people in a van that held 7 so plenty of space. We stopped for lunch along the way. The weather went from rain to sun to heavy wind to hail and back to sun and we managed to be comfortable and not miss a thing. The highlight of my trip. I asked about the Jewish who were lost in the fighting and as the day wore on Gaetan made sure to tell me what he could and point out where I could pay my respects to my Jewish American brothers which was very important to me. Read more Written November 2, 2023
- Z5583TWsarahw 0 contributions Very thoughtful Absolutely fantastic guide! Very knowledgeable and adaptable to who was on the tour. Very thoughtful and could answer lots of questions. Also very good selection of places. Would recommend this mix of these places and the guide if this is your first taste of D-Day experience. Also organisers were very helpful. Had originally booked two tours with them, and being off season they were thoughtful enough to suggest we swapped days to ensure they both happened. Second tour was cancelled due to terrible storms but they communicated clearly and early with updates which was appreciated. Everything they could control was done very very well . Read more Written November 2, 2023
- 888shirleyc 0 contributions All day tour of Normandy American beaches highly recommended Our tour guide, Jon, provided us with detailed information throughout the full day tour of Normandy. He shared the history leading up to and during D-Day. He made certain we were present when the flags were taken down at the American Cemetary. His passion for history and his knowledge was very impressive. We highly recommend taking this tour when in Normandy. Read more Written November 1, 2023
- PurdueTerry 0 contributions Great tour and Exceptional Guide. What a great time. We were the only four people on this tour, so the timing and sequence was very flexible. Our guide, Emmanuel was a joy; very knowledgeable and personable. The weather was horrible (raining sideways) but Emmanuel made the day very enjoyable. We stayed longer than 'normal' at some sites and less at others, depending on our interest and the rate of rain. We all came away with more knowledge and understanding of the events of June 6, 1944 and of the participants. All four of us strongly recommend this tour and Emmanuel as a guide. Read more Written October 31, 2023
- galianoisland 0 contributions Normandy Excellent.. learned so much and very moving.. overwhelming at times..a must if you have the time and money.. Loved it : Read more Written October 31, 2023
- Darren F 0 contributions Our Trip Was a great excursion with a very knowledgeable guide. Unfortunately the weather was not the best with some heavy drizzle for most of the day but still got some great photos Read more Written October 29, 2023
- Hasan D 0 contributions Perfect tour for Mont St Michel Great tour guide - Caroline, who was very knowledgeable and just extremely pleasant. The commentary was enough to give you what you need and she allowed time for wandering and questions. Read more Written October 26, 2023
- tomleonard50 0 contributions The tour was better than expected. The tour was better than expected. JB was very knowledgeable about the D-Day invasion and was very sympathetic to the horrific loss of life Read more Written October 25, 2023
- Vinicius R 0 contributions Fantastic John was great! We ended up doing the tour with just one extra couple, which made it very personal. John introduced every individual site by giving us a sense of geography, talking about the operation in question and its strategic relevance, and sharing a few wartime stories about the area which made everything that much more relatable. He also always made sure to give us a sense of what were the key points to see in the area, allowing us sufficient time to wander off and see the landmarks by ourselves. You can tell John is very passionate about what he does and it is amazing how much we were able to fit in this short time. Would definitely recommend! Read more Written October 24, 2023
Most Recent: Reviews ordered by most recent publish date in descending order.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews ordered by recency and descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as wait time, length of visit, general tips, and location information.
Buy it with
Private Day Tour of Mont Saint-Michel from Bayeux provided by Normandy Sightseeing Tours
Product overview: private day tour of mont saint-michel from bayeux.
Food & Wine
Arts & Crafts
- La Rochelle
- Le Verdon-sur-Mer
- Shared Tours
- Private Tours
- Multi-Day Tours
- Shore excursions
- Most Recent
Message sent successfully
- From Bayeux to Mont Saint Michel Village & Abbey tour
Small groups ( 1~8 ).
- Know before
- Inc. / Exc.
Select options and Book
- An Island Adventure For A Day
- Visit France's most picturesque UNESCO world heritage site
- Admire & visit a remarkable gothic jewel - Mont Saint-Michel Abbey
- English speaking Guides, local Experts of Normandie
Program & Itinerary
EXPERIENCE THE ENCHANTING MONT SAINT MICHEL WITH OUR EXPERT GUIDE
Join us for an extraordinary Normandy tour and meet your English-speaking driver/guide, a local expert on the captivating region of Normandy. Upon arrival at the designated meeting point, be greeted by our friendly guide holding a sign bearing the tour name and the iconic Ophorus logo. You can easily recognize our guides as they proudly wear nominative badges.
Once acquainted with your guide, they will provide a detailed overview of the day's program and itinerary of this Mont Saint Michel day trip. Step into our comfortable, air-conditioned Mercedes minivan and embark on a memorable journey to visit the mesmerizing Mont Saint Michel.
Enjoy comfort and engaging commentary during the drive as all our vehicles are equipped with an onboard P/A system, ensuring that everyone, including those seated at the back of the van, can hear the guide's insightful commentary throughout the journey.
TRAVEL TO SOUTHERN NORMANDY
Prepare to discover the remarkable Gothic jewel, Mont Saint Michel, one of the most famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites in France. Situated just 1 kilometer off the coast of Normandy and Brittany, in the English Channel, it rests in a bay renowned for some of Europe's largest tides. A connecting bridge to the mainland, which occasionally gets flooded during high tides, adds to its unique allure.
MONT SAINT MICHEL ABBEY
Mont Saint Michel Abbey is a prime example of the transition from Romanesque to Gothic architecture in the middle ages. The complex showcases the technical and artistic mastery of mediaeval architects. The construction of the Abbey is particularly notable for its adaptation to the challenging conditions of the mount – built on a rocky, uneven island with limited space.
The history of Mont Saint Michel began in 708 AD when, according to legend, the Archangel Michael appeared to Bishop Aubert of Avranches, instructing him to build a church on the rocky islet. The earliest church was a simple oratory.
In the 10th century, Benedictine monks settled on the mount, leading to the establishment of a Romanesque abbey. This period saw the first major phase of construction, where a pre-Romanesque church and several monastic buildings were erected.
The Romanesque phase of the Abbey began in earnest in the 11th century. The construction involved massive underground crypts and chapels to support the weight of the Abbey above and to deal with the uneven and unstable rock foundation. The church was expanded with the addition of the nave, transept, and choir. The iconic West façade, with its two towers and the northern façade of the nave, was also part of this phase.
The 13th century marked a significant shift towards Gothic architecture. This period is known for the construction of the Merveille ("Marvel"), a set of buildings on the north side of the rock. The Merveille includes two three-story buildings, housing the monk's cloister, refectory, guest rooms, and storerooms.
Mont Saint Michel During Hundred Years' War: During the Hundred Years' War, the abbey was fortified. The construction of military structures like the "Châtelet" (small castle) entrance and the "Boulevard" terrace was completed to defend against English attacks.
In the 15th century, the Romanesque choir of the Abbey church collapsed and was replaced by a Flamboyant Gothic structure. The 17th century saw some modifications with the addition of classical elements.
The Abbey was used as a prison during the French Revolution and the Napoleonic era, leading to some degradation. Restoration works began in the 19th century and continued into the 20th century, led by notable architects like Viollet-le-Duc. These efforts restored much of the Abbey to its former glory and ensured its preservation.
VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT BENEDICTINE ABBEY WITH YOUR GUIDE
Centuries of architectural brilliance have bestowed upon us a magnificent historic monument now celebrated as the "Wonder of the Western World" and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Follow your tour guide on a captivating walking guided tour of the Abbey, delving into its fascinating history and architectural marvels. Don't miss the opportunity to capture breathtaking views of the surrounding bay.
During your day trip to Le Mont Saint Michel and its bay, our friendly English-speaking driver/guide will escort you from Bayeux to the site. Access to Mont Saint Michel is facilitated by a shuttle and the bridge, in accordance with local requirements. Please note that the walk to the Abbey can be challenging if you have walking difficulties as it requires to climb around 350 steps.
EXPERIENCE THE VIBRANT VILLAGE OF MONT SAINT MICHEL
After exploring the Abbey, enjoy some free time to wander through the town at your leisure. Take home souvenirs for your loved ones from the charming local shops. Our guide will provide recommendations for excellent restaurants suitable for all budgets, ensuring a delightful lunch experience.
If you desire an indulgent treat, the renowned La Mère Poulard restaurant is a must-visit. Famous for its unique "omelette soufflé" recipe, it is a culinary delight worth experiencing during your visit of Mont Saint Michel day tour. Keep in mind that the restaurant's popularity with visitors may require a significant amount of waiting time.
We highly recommend this extraordinary opportunity to explore the enchanting island of Mont Saint Michel with our expert guide. Reserve your place now and be part of this unforgettable journey through Normandy's captivating history and beauty.
If you wish to organise your tour of Mont Saint Michel from Paris , we highly recommend you arrive in Bayeux the day before your tour date.
Meet your Guide at Place Québec in Bayeux
Depart from bayeux towards mont saint michel, visit of mont saint michel abbey, free time for lunch and personal discovery in the village of mont saint michel, depart from mont saint michel back to bayeux, drop of at place québec in bayeux.
Know before you book
- Instant booking confirmation
- Normandy Day Trip from Bayeux available all year round
- Day Trip to Mont Saint Michel from Bayeux
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- In case minimum numbers are not reached we will offer to reschedule or refund your tour
- Tour is operated in English
- Small group tour, maximum 8 persons
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Tour involves climbing stairs, you must be in good physical condition
- Tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Prices are per person
- Currency is in Euros
- Every traveler, including childrens, must have a booked seat as per legal requirements, and carrying childrens on your lap is not allowed.
- Please specify the age of the child when booking so we can provide an appropriate car seat if needed.
- Children aged 4 - 12 years get reduced price
- Children under 4 years old are not allowed on the tour
19, oct 2023, 15, oct 2023, 13, oct 2023, 07, oct 2023, included / excluded.
- Visit of Mont Saint Michel and it's abbey
- English-speaking driver & guide, Experts in Normandy
- Travel in modern, comfortable & fully equipped minivan
- Entrance fees to monuments & attractions unless specified in program
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Meals, drinks
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
Do you pick up at hotels on your Normandy shared tours?
What happens if we do not find the meeting point for our shared tour from bayeux, what type of vehicles are used during a day trip from bayeux, who conducts these normandy shared tours from bayeux, is bayeux the ideal town and departure point for normandy d-day tours, will we have some free time for personal discovery of mont saint michel, how difficult is it to reach mont saint michel abbey, is lunch included on this shared full day trip from bayeux, you may also like ....
From Bayeux to Normandy D-DAY U.S Sector Utah & Omaha Beaches tour
A Half Day Trip From Bayeux to Juno Beach & Canadian Sector Shared
From Bayeux to Normandy D-Day U.S Sector & Omaha Beach half-day tour
Secured payments, easy cancellation, trusted reviews.
- Day Trips & Excursions
Mont Saint Michel Full-Day Tour from Bayeux
- A small-group tour helps you beat the crows and sightsee in comfort
- Get up close and personal with the UNESCO-listed Mont-Saint-Michel
- Learn all about the history of this unique landmark from your guide
- Round-trip transit from Bayeux via air-conditioned minibus
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Admission ticket
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
For a full refund, cancel At least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Your Contact Details
Questions or requests.
Do you have questions or specific requests regarding this tour?
- --> --> --> --> -->