Where travel agents earn, learn and save!
No data found
Agent rates / intercontinental hotels group travel agent rates.
Amazing rates from Intercontinental Hotels
Intercontinental Hotels Group is providing travel agents amazing rates. Bookings for these rates must be conducted at least one day in advance.
Travel Agent Rates
Travel agents are entitled to two rooms allowed per stay, unlimited stay, travel industry rates available at IHG hotels globally, minimum of 35% off the Best Flex Rate. Agents will receive IHG rewards club points for their stay, and cancellations without penalty. NOTE: The agent must have their ID/IATAN Card, Agency Business Card or a letter on agency letterhead from agency management verifying employment at check-in.
Visit ihgagent.com for more details and full agent rate details.
- IHG Hotels & Resorts signs first Vignette Collection in the UK
Latest Agent Rates
NH Hotel Group Travel Agent Rates
Westgate Resorts Travel Agent Rates
Coconut Court Beach Hotel Travel A...
Marquis Los Cabos Travel Agent Rat...
Subscribe to our newsletter.
How much value does IHG One Rewards status provide when you book directly?
Selecting a hotel for any trip requires a lot of research and planning. Even once you've decided where to stay, you still need to determine how to book.
You could book the least expensive rate, but you usually won't earn points or get elite benefits if you don't book directly. The benefits and earnings you get when you book directly may be worth more than expected, especially if you have IHG One Rewards elite status.
In this guide, I'll discuss the value IHG elite members can get when they book directly with hotels participating in the IHG One Rewards loyalty program.
What value does IHG elite status provide?
With the launch of the new IHG One Rewards loyalty program in 2022, IHG added a new elite status tier, refreshed elite earning rates on stays, added several new elite status perks and introduced the ability to earn milestone rewards starting at just 20 nights per calendar year.
As with most hotel elite status tiers, IHG elite status provides benefits in two primary areas: earnings and on-site perks. It's not easy to estimate how much value you'll get from on-site perks since the value will be different for each IHG member, so I recommend considering the elite status perks you plan to use during each stay to determine the value of those on-site perks for yourself.
We estimate IHG One Rewards elite status is worth about the following if you spend an average of $150 per night on eligible purchases:
- Silver Elite status : $3 per night
- Gold Elite status : $6 per night
- Platinum Elite status : $27 per night
- Diamond Elite status : $46 per night
At first glance, you may not agree with these valuations, but let's consider the valuation of IHG Diamond Elite status at about $46 per night. As a Diamond Elite member, the primary benefits you'll get are an upgraded room based on availability, 2 p.m. late checkout based on availability, early check-in based on availability, elevated earnings and a welcome amenity (including the option to select free breakfast for two when staying at full-service and select-service brands).
These benefits and their value will vary by property and stay. As a Diamond Elite member, I often get assigned a room with a good view on a high floor. IHG properties outside the U.S. tend to be even better about room upgrades, frequently assigning me a larger or elevated room type as a Diamond Elite member.
I've only occasionally had a property deny my late checkout request. That said, this is a perk I rarely depend on during stays since I typically choose other brands when I need late checkout due to IHG offering the benefit based on availability.
The option for Diamond Elite members to select breakfast as a welcome amenity provides significant value at hotels that don't provide breakfast to all guests.
Know, though, that a decent chunk of the value we attribute to each elite status tier per night is based on the points you'll earn on stays. As an IHG member, you'll earn points at a set rate for qualifying stays booked directly with IHG. Plus, IHG elite members earn bonus points on top of these rewards.
Here's a look at the earning rates for stays based on the brand and your elite status.
If you frequently redeem IHG points for your stays instead of booking paid rates, you may find our estimated values for each status tier are too high. Head over to our IHG One Rewards elite status guide and remove or adjust the bonus points in our calculation if you usually redeem points for your stays or spend significantly more or less per night. If you remove bonus points from the calculation entirely, our value of Platinum Elite status drops to $22 per night, and our value of Diamond Elite status drops to $38 per night.
Related: How to maximize redemptions with the IHG One Rewards program
Value of points earned
It's worth considering how much the points you'll earn will be worth if you book a qualifying rate directly. Different brands earn at different rates, as we discussed above.
For simplicity, let's assume you're staying at the majority of IHG hotels and resorts where Club members earn 10 points per dollar, Silver Elite members earn 12 points per dollar, Gold Elite members earn 14 points per dollar, Platinum Elite members earn 16 points per dollar and Diamond Elite members earn 20 points per dollar.
Based on TPG's valuations , IHG points are worth about 0.5 cents each. This means that on $100 in purchases for a stay, a Platinum Elite member would earn 1,600 points worth $8 and a Diamond Elite member would earn 2,000 points worth $10. So, consider the value of the points you'll earn when deciding how to book your stay, even if you don't care about other elite status perks or earning toward status.
Related: What credit card should you use for IHG stays?
Which stays qualify?
Like most hotel chains, IHG One Rewards generally won't provide elite benefits or earnings on bookings not made directly with IHG or other approved channels. The IHG One Rewards terms and conditions state the following are eligible booking methods for qualifying stays:
IHG Customer Care, IHG websites, the IHG One Rewards app, IHG WeChat mini program, Iberostar website, Iberostar Contact Center, IberostarPro, authorized travel agents (excluding online travel agents such as Expedia.com and booking.com, and unauthorized agents on online vertical travel portals), or directly at the hotel.
So, don't expect to get elite benefits or bonus points when you book through an online travel agent or credit card portal . As such, I almost always book directly to ensure access to elite benefits and earnings.
Related: The 19 best IHG hotels in the world
How to earn IHG elite status
All IHG members are at least Club members, but you can earn IHG elite status through the end of the following calendar year each calendar year you meet the following requirements:
- Silver Elite status : 10 qualifying nights
- Gold Elite status : 20 qualifying nights or 40,000 qualifying points
- Platinum Elite status : 40 qualifying nights or 60,000 qualifying points
- Diamond Elite status : 70 qualifying nights or 120,000 qualifying points
There are also other ways to earn IHG elite status. For example, you'll be upgraded to Platinum Elite status if you purchase InterContinental Ambassador status . You can also get IHG elite status as a benefit of the following IHG credit cards :
- IHG One Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG One Rewards Premier Business Credit Card : Get automatic IHG One Rewards Platinum Elite status as a cardholder perk and earn Diamond Elite status through the end of the following calendar year each calendar year you make purchases totaling $40,000 or more with your card.
- United Club Infinite Card : Get automatic IHG One Rewards Platinum Elite status as a cardholder perk.
- IHG One Rewards Traveler Credit Card : Get automatic IHG One Rewards Silver Elite status as a cardholder perk and earn Gold Elite status through the end of the following calendar year each calendar year you make purchases totaling $20,000 or more with your card.
I love having the IHG Premier card , as it also offers an anniversary night certificate that's valid for hotels costing 40,000 points or less and provides access to the valuable fourth-night-free reward benefit. Between these two perks, I think the IHG Premier's $99 annual fee is worth paying.
Related: Why you should get (and keep) the IHG One Rewards Premier card
This article illustrates the value you may miss if you don't book directly with a hotel brand, especially if you have hotel elite status . This doesn't mean you should never book through an online travel agency or a credit card travel portal . Instead, you'll want to compare the full picture and not just the price difference when deciding how to book your next IHG stay.
- Skip to main content
- Skip to header right navigation
- Skip to site footer
milepro | travel like a pro!
travel smarter....travel like a pro!
The Current IHG One Rewards Promotion: February – March 2024
Earn 2,000 bonus points every 2 nights.
Details of The Current IHG One Rewards Promotion
What counts as a “stay” with ihg, terms & conditions of the current ihg one rewards promotion, more ways to save at ihg.
The details of the current IHG One Rewards Promotion have been announced. With this promotion, you can earn 8,000 bonus points every 4 nights you stay.
This IHG One Rewards promotion is very straightforward. You can earn 8,000 bonus points every 4 nights you stay through February 1– March 31 2024.
You must register for the promotion , which is now open.
Members will have an unlimited earning potential for this Promotion during the Promotion Period.
Additional details to be aware of:
- Members will be able to stay and earn IHG One Rewards bonus points under this Promotion beginning February 1, 2024 and ending on March 31, 2024 (the “Promotion Period”).
- To be a qualifying room night under the Promotion, the room night must fall within the Promotion Period and must be part of a Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stay.
- A “Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stay” is defined as a minimum of a 1-night stay at a participating hotel booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding US $30 (or local currency equivalent) for each night
- Participating hotels include all IHG® Hotels & Resorts, with the exception of those Six Senses® Hotels Resorts Spas and Iberostar Beachfront Resorts that do not participate in IHG One Rewards.
- Stays booked using Rewards Nights or Points & Cash, and bookings made through online travel agencies or other reservation sites such as booking.com or expedia.com, are not eligible for this Promotion.
Earn 8,000 bonus points every 4 nights you stay through February 1– March 31 2024 .
Be aware, not all stays will qualify for this promotion. IHG has updated its Terms and Conditions regarding what type of bookings will count as a “stay” for purposes of promotions, elite status, and earning points. Here’s IHG’s current definition of a “stay”
- A “Stay” is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of the frequency of check-in/check-out.
- A Stay is a “Qualified Stay” when you pay a “Qualifying Rate”.
- Qualifying Stays (a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding US $30 for each night).
- A “Qualifying Rate” includes most business & leisure rates, such as AAA rates, Advanced Purchase rates, Best Flexible rates, Global sales negotiated rates, government rates, etc.
- Points will be awarded for Qualifying Stays booked through IHG’s central reservation offices, IHG websites, the IHG App, authorized travel agents ( excluding online travel agents such as Expedia.com and booking.com, and unauthorized agents on online vertical travel portals ), or directly at the hotel.
- You must be an IHG One Rewards member and must register prior to staying, to participate in the promotion (“Promotion”).
- Stays booked using Rewards Nights or Points & Cash, and bookings made through online travel agencies or other reservation sites such as booking.com or expedia.com, are not Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stays for the purposes of this Promotion.
- For additional details on Qualifying Rates, please see the full IHG® One Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions . Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible for the applicable bonus points.
- If a member books more than one room on the same night, they will only receive Promotion points on one room and points will be based on the room with the higher average room night rate over the Promotion Period.
- This Promotion is subject to standard IHG One Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure.
Signing up for the latest IHG promotion is a great way to add to maximize your IHG Rewards points balance. If you want to make sure you are getting the best deal on your room rate as well, check out these articles:
- How to use IHG Corporate Codes
- How to Save with IHG Employee Rates and Discounts
- How to Save with the IHG Family & Friends Rate
- IHG Business Edge: Discounts for Small Businesses
- How to save with IHG Travel Agent Rates
Tim is a business road warrior and avid leisure traveler who has flown over two million miles in the air and spent well over a thousand nights in hotels. He enjoys sharing tips, tricks, and hacks to help readers get the most out of their travel experience and learn how to “travel like a pro”!
- Meetings & Events
- Credit Cards
- IHG® One Rewards
- Sign in / Join
- Travel Advisory
- Manage Reservations
19 hotel brands. 6,000+ destinations. One loyalty program.
Allow us to open up your world with True Hospitality for Good. Our diverse set of global destinations exists to broaden your choices, invite you to save or splurge, and encourage you with welcoming experiences at every arrival. Which brand will you choose for your next getaway?
LUXURY AND LIFESTYLE COLLECTION
A variety of brands for every way you stay
A world of choice for every way you travel.
Holiday Inn Club Vacations®
With resorts in popular destinations featuring spacious accommodations and amenities for all ages, it's easy for families to create lasting memories together, year after year.
Check in to a more casual kind of longer stay, where guests always feel at home, and can settle in for longer stays with exactly what they need.
Six Senses Hotels Resort Spas
From tropical islands to urban treasures and mountain retreats, Six Senses creates places that live in harmony with local ecosystems and communities, helping people to reconnect to the world around them.
Regent® Hotels & Resorts
Each hotel and resort embodies a unique charm and elegance sparking stays both serene and sensational. A place where experiences inspire stories for even the most seasoned travelers. This is Regent.
InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts
Experience the exhilaration of fascinating moments and places brought to life by international know-how and local cultural wisdom.
A family of distinctive hotels, with a fresh focus, where you can indulge a growing passion for stays that are authentic, experiential, and considerate. One that puts people at the heart of everything we do, to reframe luxury hospitality for the better.
Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants
Truly unique properties with a guest experience to match. Experience thoughtful amenities, playful design, and a sincerely personal style of service with the sophistication of a boutique experience.
We attract the curious – people who are inspired by new places – to discover unique and stylish boutique hotels in culturally diverse neighborhoods all over the world.
voco™️ hotels offer an experience that is thoughtful, unstuffy, and charming. Each property has its own sense of style and character where guests can expect a socially vibrant stay.
HUALUXE® Hotels & Resorts
Each detail embodies aspects of the Chinese values of etiquette, rejuvenation in nature, recognition of status, and enabling spaces for the first upscale international hotel brand designed specifically for Chinese guests.
Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts
Crowne Plaza has long based its offering on truly understanding the blended work and life needs of its worldwide guests. Business travel isn’t just about business – it’s about balancing work and life to feel successful and fulfilled.
New! Iberostar Beachfront Resorts
More choice for resort and all-inclusive destinations that focus on stunning experiences and sustaining the beachfronts that surround these hotels.
Stay healthier and happier with hotels and wellness-savvy staff that offer best-in class fitness experiences, healthier food choices and natural, relaxing spaces.
Holiday Inn Express®
Nothing beats being there in person. Expect a clean, consistent and comfortable stay with everything you need to launch into your day and keep you ready for what's next.
We're there to make it as easy as possible to celebrate any moment together with comfortable and affordable stays, with one of the most trusted and well-loved brands that defined hospitality.
Garner™ hotels provide a relaxed welcome, refreshing moments across the guest experience and a flexible, purposeful design that ensures the basics are delivered to support our guests, wherever they stay.
We're purpose-built from the ground up, focusing on the essentials that make a difference.
Our all-suites hotels give our guests options at every turn, so they can choose a stay that’s right for them. With thoughtfully designed public spaces, an inviting bar and stylish suites, we help guests take their journey to new places.
Creating hotels that ensure every space features a sense of community, comfort and convenience, so guests can feel at home while on the road.
It's better to be a member
EARN POINTS TO USE FOR REWARD NIGHTS
NO BLACKOUT DATES
ACCESS TO MEMBER RATES & OFFERS
PLUS EVEN MORE PERKS WHEN YOU BECOME AN ELITE MEMBER
Already a member? Sign in .
Terms & Conditions:
IHG One Rewards benefits are generally available at all IHG ® Hotels & Resorts and other partner hotels participating in the program, with exceptions for the following brands:
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas: IHG One Rewards points may be earned or redeemed for stays but other benefits may not be available. Note some hotels do not participate in IHG One Rewards.
- The portfolio of Iberostar Beachfront Resorts excludes any interests in Cuba.
See IHG One Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions for details on program benefits and restrictions.
IHG Forecasts Loyalty and Hotel Pipeline Growth
Sean O'Neill , Skift
February 20th, 2024 at 12:10 PM EST
CEO Elie Maalouf pointed to early results suggesting that IHG's recent marketing efforts and brand development work are leading to growth in a virtuous flywheel for the hotel group.
IHG provided a strategy update to investors Tuesday, with executives forecasting rising growth for its loyalty program and its hotel development pipeline.
“We are very intentional about our focus on growth and its importance,” said CEO Elie Maalouf.
Here are key takeaways from the two-hour strategy presentation from IHG, the third-largest Western hotel group by room count and owner of brands such as Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza.
IHG Sees Loyalty Gains
The company’s executives said their 2021 revamp of their loyalty program has delivered results.
- IHG had “ over 130 million ” members of its loyalty program at the end of 2023.
- “Enrollments in 2023 were up by an exceptional 50% on the prior year, a record, and up 24% compared to 2019 levels,” Maalouf said.
- The company’s co-branded credit card that helps travelers earn loyalty points saw 60% year-over-year growth in the opening of new accounts.
IHG Says Brand Awareness Is Rising
In 2021, IHG launched a multi-million dollar marketing campaign and ad blitz for its 19 brands plus its “masterbrand” of IHG and the group’s loyalty program. The early results are positive, executives said.
- “In the U.S., brand awareness has improved 4 percentage points, leading to a 3-point improvement in favorability and a 4-point improvement in consideration,” Maalouf said.
- Like all hotel companies, IHG wants more guests to book directly with it to avoid the high costs of working with online travel agencies. IHG has kept business contribution from online travel agencies to a “relatively flat” level of “about 20%” of the total since 2021.
IHG Touts Hotel Development Pipeline
Analyst are always eager to talk about the pace of growing the footprints of their empire, and IHG hotel executives spoke optimistically.
- IHG grew its net rooms in the second half of last year grew by 3.8% year-over-year , to 946,203. It has a global pipeline of about 297,000 rooms.
- IHG said that Garner, a conversion brand launched in mid-2023, had signed 7 hotels and opened two as of year-end.
- IHG has placed a huge bet on China, claiming to have more of a foothold there than any of its Western competitors. The group has 19% of its rooms in China. It’s the largest international hotel operator in the country, with 180,000 rooms open, and a further 106,000 in the pipeline.
- Executives argued their business in China is more lucrative than the businesses of some of their Western peers. They don’t rely on master licensing agreements with third parties to drive their development, which is common with their peers, they said. That means they don’t have to share fees with a local third party when signing management and franchise deals in China.
- “India is a huge opportunity,” Maalouf said. We’ve got 50 hotels in India, and 50 or so under development, plus or minus. … I’m not saying we’ll achieve this same scale [in India as we have in China], but it shows you the headroom there is over a long period.”
Growth Forecasted to Translate Into Profit
IHG executives predicted that their current hotel development pipeline would translate into a roughly 30% growth in fee income from owners and franchisees after they have all become operational.
- “The nearly 300,000 rooms in the pipeline, if open today, would have an estimated annual fee revenue of $500 million after taking into consideration the geographic mix and brand mix of the pipeline [as other potential sources of further revenue growth],” Maalouf said.
Accommodations Sector Stock Index Performance Year-to-Date
What am I looking at? The performance of hotels and short-term rental sector stocks within the ST200 . The index includes companies publicly traded across global markets, including international and regional hotel brands, hotel REITs, hotel management companies, alternative accommodations, and timeshares.
The Skift Travel 200 (ST200) combines the financial performance of nearly 200 travel companies worth more than a trillion dollars into a single number. See more hotels and short-term rental financial sector performance.
Read the full methodology behind the Skift Travel 200.
Have a confidential tip for Skift? Get in touch
Tags: earnings , future of lodging , hotel earnings , ihg
Photo credit: A guestroom Hotel Indigo La Paz Puerta Cortés, in Baja California Sur. Source: IHG.
- Vacation Rentals
- Things to do
- Moscow Tourism
- Moscow Hotels
- Moscow Bed and Breakfast
- Moscow Vacation Rentals
- Flights to Moscow
- Moscow Restaurants
- Things to Do in Moscow
- Moscow Travel Forum
- Moscow Photos
- Where to Stay in Moscow
- All Moscow Hotels
- Moscow Hotel Deals
- Hotels near Holiday Inn Moscow - Tagansky, an IHG Hotel
- Holiday Inn Moscow - Tagansky, an IHG Hotel Rooms
- Moscow Motels
- Moscow Campgrounds
- Moscow Hostels
- Moscow Business Hotels
- Moscow Spa Resorts
- Moscow Family Hotels
- Moscow Luxury Hotels
- Romantic Hotels in Moscow
- Moscow Green Hotels
- Moscow Ski-In / Ski-Out Hotels
- Moscow Resorts
- 5-stars Hotels in Moscow
- 4-stars Hotels in Moscow
- 3-stars Hotels in Moscow
- Hilton Hotels in Moscow
- Radisson Blu Hotels in Moscow
- Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Moscow
- AZIMUT Hotels in Moscow
- Marriott Hotels in Moscow
- Novotel Hotels in Moscow
- Holiday Inns in Moscow
- ibis Hotels in Moscow
- Crowne Plaza Hotels in Moscow
- Rotana Hotels in Moscow
- Accor Hotels in Moscow
- InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Moscow
- Moscow Hotels with Pools
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Moscow
- Moscow Hotels with Free Parking
- 3rd Transport Ring (TTK) Hotels
- District Central (TsAO) Hotels
- Garden Ring Hotels
- Boulevard Ring Hotels
- Tverskoy Hotels
- Red Square & Kitay-gorod Hotels
- Zamoskvorechye Hotels
- Meshchanskiy Hotels
- Presnensky Hotels
- District Eastern (VAO) Hotels
- 4-star Hotels in Tverskaya
- Yakimanka Business Hotels
- Zamoskvorechye Hotels with Pools
- Moscow Affordable Hotels
- Boutique Hotels in Moscow
- Moscow Heritage Hotels
- Hotels with Nightclubs in Moscow
- Moscow City Center Hotels
- Moscow Hiking Hotels
- Moscow Hotels with Game room
- Moscow Hotels with Lounge
- Moscow Hotels with Bridal Suite
- Moscow Hotels with Bike Rentals
- Hotels near GlavQuest
- Hotels near Krutitskoe Podvorye
- Hotels near Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin
- Hotels near Temple of the Resurrection
- Hotels near Museum of Mosvodokanal Water
- Hotels near Museum of Travel and Pilgrimage to Holy Places
- Hotels near Museum Military History of Moscow
- Hotels near Exhibition Hall of the Russian Union of Artists
- Hotels near Temple Forty Martyrs of Sebaste
- Hotels near Novospasskiy Monastery
- Hotels near Bell Tower of the Novospasskiy Monastery
- Hotels near Protection of the Holy Virgin
- Hotels near Tairai
- Hotels near CaVa
- Hotels near Proletarskaya Station
- Hotels near Krestyanskaya Zastava Station
- Hotels near Moscow - Freight Station
- Hotels near Dobryninskaya Station
- Hotels near Oktyabrskaya Station
- Hotels near October Station
- Hotels near Serpukhovskaya Station
- Hotels near Shabolovskaya Station
- Hotels near Car Plant Station
- Zhukovsky International Airport Hotels
- Vnukovo Airport Hotels
- Domodedovo Airport Hotels
- Hotels near Moscow State Institute of Steel and Alloys
- Hotels near I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- Hotels near Moscow State University
- Hotels near Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas
- Hotels near Moscow State Institute of International Relations
- Hotels near Peoples' Friendship University of Russia
- Hotels near Russian State Geological Prospecting University
- Hotels near Russian National Research Medical University
- Hotels near Moscow International Higher Business School (MIRBIS)
- Hotels near Gnesins Russian Academy of Music
- Mohonk Mountain House
- Hotel Chester
- Park MGM Las Vegas
- Barcelo Aruba
- Lombok Senggigi Hotel
- The Venetian Resort
- Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana
- Hotel Riu Republica
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
- Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica
- Excalibur Hotel & Casino
- Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
- Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort
- Hotel Tapasoli
- Hyatt Ziva Cancun
- Popular All-Inclusive Resorts
- Popular Beach Resorts
- Popular Family Resorts
- Popular All-Inclusive Hotels
- Popular Hotels With Waterparks
- Popular Honeymoon Resorts
- Popular Luxury Resorts
- Popular All-Inclusive Family Resorts
- Popular Golf Resorts
- Popular Spa Resorts
- Popular Cheap Resorts
- Things to Do
- Travel Stories
- Rental Cars
- Add a Place
- Travel Forum
- Travelers' Choice
- Help Center
- Central Russia
Holiday Inn Moscow - Tagansky, an IHG Hotel
View prices for your travel dates
- Excellent 197
- Very Good 263
- Terrible 26
- All languages ( 593 )
- Russian ( 232 )
- English ( 230 )
- Chinese (Sim.) ( 54 )
" Overall good peaceful location "
" All rooms seem of a similar standard "
" It's better to select a room in upper floors "
" No idea. We looked out on a parking area, vacant lot. Noise in hallway and other rooms was annoying. "
" We had an upgraded room which was an apartment. Very spacious. "
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.
HOLIDAY INN MOSCOW - TAGANSKY, AN IHG HOTEL - Prices & Reviews (Russia)
Holiday Inn parent IHG is giving $1 billion back to investors because hotels are popular again
Holiday Inn at Melbourne Airport in Australia.
Holiday Inn’s parent company InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) did very well last year — so well that its revenue per room (a measure of success in the hotel world) was up 11% from 2019.
Most of that prosperity can be linked to China’s economy reopening in 2023. IHG’s revenues in China climbed an eye-popping 72% last year compared to 2022.
IHG’s really good year is also really good for investors. The company’s CEO, who took over in July, said the company expects to return more than $1 billion to shareholders in 2024 through its share buyback program and ordinary dividends.
IHG owns a suite of 19 hotel brands — from the best-known Holiday Inn hotels to Iberostar Beachfront Resorts, InterContinental, Regent, Candlewood Suites, Garner, and a lot more. The company has about 6,300 hotels in over 100 countries.
IHG’s stock soared 8% to $105.53 after the news. Other big hotel brands — Hilton , Marriott , and Wyndham — also had positive news for investors over the last couple of weeks as travel demand has recovered from the pandemic.
IHG is the stock market winner
While Airbnb’s recent earnings report was positive, the company’s growth is slowing. Its shares have risen 10% year-to-date but tumbled in the last week.
Meanwhile, IHG’s stock has surged 16% and continues to climb at a faster rate than other hotel brands and Airbnb.
Wyndham shares have remained flat, slightly down from the beginning of the year. Hilton and Marriott shares are both up 9.5% year-to-date, still much less than IHG’s.
Hotels v. Airbnb: Mutual success
Revenues grew for big brands IHG, Hilton, and Marriott in the fourth quarter, while sales stagnated for Wyndham (which is more similar to IHG in market cap and share price than industry mega-giants Hilton and Marriott).
Airbnb, disruptor of the hotel industry, is no exception to the good tidings brought by post-pandemic travel. The company reported a revenue boost of 17% in the fourth quarter of 2023 compared to 2022.
Sign up for Quartz's Newsletter. For the latest news, Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .
Click here to read the full article.
IHG to Return Over $1 Billion to Shareholders This Year After Stellar 2023
IHG logo and stock graph are seen displayed in this illustration taken, May 3, 2022. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration
(Reuters) -Holiday Inn owner IHG said it expected to return more than $1 billion to shareholders in 2024 on Tuesday, after posting better-than-expected annual room revenue and adjusted operating profit that exceeded $1 billion for the first time.
Chief Executive Elie Maalouf also laid out his strategy, and said the company is targeting high single-digit growth in fee revenue by increasing revenue per room and the number of hotels annually on average over the medium to long term.
The owner of the Crowne Plaza, Regent and Hualuxe hotel chains raised its final dividend by 10% to 104 cents and launched a new $800 million share buyback programme.
"The travel industry has attractive, long-term drivers of demand, and the strength of our brand portfolio and enterprise platform will continue to boost our RevPAR and system size growth," said Maalouf, who took over the top job last July after leading the group's largest region, the Americas, for about nine years.
IHG reported global revenue per available room, a key performance indicator for the hotel industry, of 16.1% year-on-year, compared with analysts average expectation of 15.7%.
(Reporting by Yadarisa Shabong in Bengaluru; Editing by Rashmi Aich)
Copyright 2024 Thomson Reuters .
Tags: dividends , United Kingdom , Europe
The Best Financial Tools for You
Best Bank Accounts of 2024
Comparative assessments and other editorial opinions are those of U.S. News and have not been previously reviewed, approved or endorsed by any other entities, such as banks, credit card issuers or travel companies. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of our partner offers may have expired.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter to get investing advice, rankings and stock market news.
See a newsletter example .
You May Also Like
7 best dividend etfs to buy now.
Jeff Reeves Feb. 21, 2024
Bill Gates' 7 Best Stocks to Buy
Brian O'Connell Feb. 21, 2024
Capital One-Discover Deal: What to Know
Wayne Duggan Feb. 21, 2024
Best Tax-Free Municipal Bond Funds
Tony Dong Feb. 21, 2024
9 Short Squeeze Stocks to Buy
Wayne Duggan Feb. 20, 2024
How to Invest in AI Smart Home Devices
Marc Guberti Feb. 20, 2024
7 Best Schwab Money Market Funds
Tony Dong Feb. 20, 2024
7 Best Funds to Hold in a Roth IRA
9 Best Cheap Stocks to Buy Under $10
How to Read Stock Charts
Coryanne Hicks Feb. 16, 2024
7 Best Long-Term ETFs to Buy and Hold
Jeff Reeves Feb. 16, 2024
Best Infrastructure Stocks
Matt Whittaker Feb. 16, 2024
George Soros' 7 Top Stock Picks
Wayne Duggan Feb. 16, 2024
6 Best Health Care ETFs
Brian O'Connell Feb. 16, 2024
What Is a Registered Investment Advisor?
Marguerita Cheng Feb. 15, 2024
Best REIT ETFs to Own in 2024
Glenn Fydenkevez Feb. 15, 2024
Stocks Buffett Just Bought and Sold
Wayne Duggan Feb. 15, 2024
15 Best Dividend Stocks to Buy for 2024
Ian Bezek Feb. 15, 2024
1099 Worker Retirement Options
Julie Pinkerton Feb. 14, 2024
The Rule of 72 Explained
Coryanne Hicks Feb. 14, 2024